Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Honey Shrimp Stir Fry

Oh, shrimp, you hidden little gem, you....why do I not cook you li'l guys more often?! (Because you're friggen expensive, that's why). Way to go, jazzing up my plate and not be super crazy difficult to cook...
I found this recipe on Pinterest (where else?!) and I tweeked a few things...I will post the link to the original down below...

For now, here's mine:

Honey Shrimp Stir Fry 
Serves 4
Counts as: 1 Red, 2 Green, 1 Yellow, 
1 tsp. 



1 lb. (abt. 25) Jumbo Shrimp, split in half, lengthwise (this is just how I like mine, they curl up when you cook them:

2 C. Shredded Purple Cabbage
2 C. Various Bell Peppers (any kind that tickle your fancy, really)
1 C. Green Beans (cut in half)
1/4 C. Honey
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 T. Finely Chopped Ginger
2 T. Rice Wine Vinegar
1/4 C. H2O 
4 t. EVOO
1 C. Uncooked Brown Rice

Look how pretty the ingredients are:

Okay, okay...I'm done being mesmerized by how beautiful the food looks...just kidding, one more:



Okay, for real now, prep the veggies...cut, chop, peel, mince, dice....etc...

Defrost and peel the shrimp (I got mine frozen, they defrost quickly and peel, nicely...)

Cook your rice according to package

Add 2 t. Of olive oil to a large skillet...high heat.  Let it get hot, but not smoking. Then add the cabbage, peppers and green beans.  Toss to coat with oil, and sauté until they are how you like them cooked (I like mine a little crunchier, so I don't cook until soft.)



Remove from pan.

Add 2 t. Of oil to pan, again, let it get hot, but not smoking.  Add shrimp, garlic and ginger.  It cooks quickly, so, keep an eye on it. Meanwhile, mix honey, vinegar and water in a small bowl, and pour over the shrimp.



Allow it to reduce a bit, and add veggies back to pan.  Toss veggies and shrimp, and allow the honey mixture to reduce a little more.  

Divide rice between 4 bowls (or, like I do: 2 bowls and 2 container for lunch the next day)

Divide stir fry amongst 4 bowls (again...lunch container over here)

Ja-Blow! Done! Easy! Yum! Clearly I'm excited bc I love shrimp! Thanks for reading! Lemme know how yours turns out! 

Gimme a shout, below!

Original post:

http://21dayfixfood.blogspot.com/2014/04/hone-shrimp-stir-fry.html?m=1




No comments:

Post a Comment